Feather Keys are drive keys that transmit torque from a shaft to a driven component. They are square keys but with radiused ends.
The mating slot in the shaft is machined with an end mill that matches the radius of the feather key. Once installed the key is contained in the machined pocket and cannot move axially. It is not necessary to have a set screw hold the key in position.
Our White Paper on Feather Keys explains the advantage of feather keys in detail.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: Feather keys are better than other keys
- Ease of assembly
- Stays in place, cannot slip out
- Quick, hassle-free field replacement
- No set screw to tighten
- Use with existing components
- Inch and metric Feather keys
- Same torque as similar sized square and rectangular keys
- Feather Keys are pre-cut to exact lengths
- Hassle-free assembly and disassembly
Ondrives.US Precision Ground Shafts are available from stock.