Shafts & Dowel Pins
|Precision Ground Shafts
(see selection below)
|Precision Ground Dowel Pins|
|Single Gearbox Shaft||Double Gearbox Shaft|
|Made in USA|
Ondrives.US produces instrument quality, precision ground shafts and dowel pins in many materials, diameters, and lengths. Most are available for same day shipment.
Inch and metric Dowel Pins are available in 303, 416 stainless steel and alloy steel. Nominal fit and interference fit are offered. Diameters range from 1/32” to 1/2” and 0.8mm to 12mm. For longer dowels and larger diameters, refer to our shafts. Custom sizes made to order.
303 stainless steel shafts are offered in 3 variations. This is a general purpose, non magnetic stainless steel. It may show slight magnetism in the smaller diameters or when work hardened.
- Our 303 Incremental shafts are toleranced for a snug fit in ABEC 3 to 9 ball bearings. Diameters range from 1/8” to 1/2” with 1/8” incremental lengths starting at 1” and up to 36”.
- Our 303 Nominal shafts have nominal diameters from 1/16” to 1-1/4” and metric diameters from 1mm to 10mm.
- Our 303 Unchamfered shafts are intended for use by customers planning on doing secondary machining to the shafts. These are available in lengths of 12”, 24”, 36”, 600mm and 900mm with diameters of 1/32” to 1-1/4” and 3mm to 30mm,
316 stainless shafts are often used for marine applications due to their resistance to salt water. We stock 316 shafts in nominal diameters from 1/32” to 1-1/4” and metric diameters from 1mm to 10mm.
Ondrives.US 17-4PH Nominal shafts are carried in nominal diameters from 1/32” to 3/8” and metric diameters from 1mm to 10mm. 17-4PH stainless shafts are precipitation hardened to approximately RC40.
Our 12L14 Nominal shafts are stocked in diameters of 1/32” to 3/8” and lengths up to 36”.
We manufacture a unique range of Grooved shafts in diameters from ¼” to 1” and lengths from 3” to 12”. Ideal for prototypes, the grooves are designed to fit standard retainer rings. Two groves on one end of the shaft are spaced to fit popular ball bearing widths. The other end of the shaft has 4 or 5 grooves so the user is able to position components in a variety of positions.
Some Ondrives.US gearboxes have hollow bore inputs or outputs. We offer a basic selection of single ended or double ended shafts to assemble in these gearboxes. All gearbox shafts are supplied with keys and retainer rings.
- For P and PF series worm and wheel gearboxes use our P/PF gearbox shafts
- For E series crossed axis helical gearboxes use our E gearbox shafts
- For F series spur gearboxes, contact our application engineers to discuss your particular needs.
The Ondrives.US Advantage:
- Precision ground to -.0002” and better
- Materials available from stock: 303, 316, 416, 440, 17-4 PH, 12L14, Alloy
- Inch and metric sizes
- Diameters from 1/32” to 1-1/4”
- Lengths up to 60” in stock
- Special diameters, lengths and materials are available
- Custom shafts and dowels made to order.
- Customizing: grooves, journals, flats, drill holes, thread, tapped holes, chamfers
Please contact our application engineers to discuss your particular needs.