Double Loop Couplings
|Hytrel™ Double Loop Coupling|
Ondrives.US Double Loop Couplings are made with DuPont’s Hytrel™ material, substantially improving the performance characteristics over competitors Double Loop Couplings, also known as a "Crazy Eight Coupling" or “K Coupling”. The Hytrel™ flex member is permanently swaged to steel or stainless steel hubs producing a compact, tough and highly flexible misalignment shaft Twisted Eight or K Coupling. Ondrives.US Hytrel™ couplings are an effective two-stage coupling with exceptional flexibility in angular, radial and axial modes. An ideal, safer, longer lasting component upgrade in traditional (pre-encoder) Elevator applications.
These crazy 8 couplings are ideal for transmitting rotation in small drives, this Hytrel™ coupling works without any friction, wear or noise.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: The world's best Double Loop Shaft Couplings
- High torsional rigidity
- Torques to 160 in-lbs
- Outstanding resistance to acids, alkalis, solvents, oils, grease and ozone
- High/low temperature flexibility (-40°C to +100°C)
- Dampening of vibration and shock
- Corrosion protection with our stainless hub series
- Mixed metric and inch and other bores on request
- Maximum speed: 3000 rpm
- Hubs: Zinc plated steel or 300 series Stainless Steel
- Tough and durable Hytrel™ flex member
- 32% to 120% more torque than other twisted 8 couplings
- Up to 15° angular misalignment
- Up to .130" radial misalignment
- Up to .43" axial misalignment
- High tear resistance
- Any bore to bore combination available within the min. max. limit
- Inch and metric bores
Customization is available on these 8 couplings. Please contact our application engineers to discuss your particular needs.
Ondrives.US engineers have developed a White Paper “How to select Shaft Couplings” to assist you in the selection of the most appropriate shaft to shaft coupling for your application.
Couple to almost any shaft diameter with Ondrives.US Bore Reducers.
Attach your coupling to an Ondrives.US Precision Ground Shaft, available from stock.
Hytrel™ is a trade mark of DuPont