High speed, High Torque, Non-contact Torque Transfer for unique applications
Our magnetic disc couplings comprise of two hubs containing powerful rare earth magnets. The torque applied to one disc is transferred through an air gap to the other disc. The hubs are sold separately so connecting shafts of different diameters is made simple. The hubs are available in a range of standard inch and metric bore sizes and custom bore sizes are available.
Because of its simple flat design, you can have angular misalignment of up to 3° or parallel misalignment up to 1/4" and still transmit nearly full rotational torque. Magnetic couplings offer a non-contact transfer of torque. A thin flat barrier to separate the atmospheres or fluids surrounding the two discs is also feasible. They are typically used in pumps for seal-less applications; keeping corrosive, toxic, or flammable liquids from escaping into the atmosphere.
For full specifications and Dimensional Parametric Search, see individual product listings.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- Zero backlash
- Infinite life
- Speeds up to 42,500 RPM
- No physical contact between driving and driven parts Simplifies containment barrier
- No wearing parts
- Synchronous design, no slip at any speed
- Torque values up to 540 in-lbs
- Up to 3° angular misalignment
- Up to1/4" parallel misalignment
- Any bore to bore combination within defined limits Wide range of inch & metric bore sizes
- Custom Designs Available