Custom Shaft Couplings
Shaft couplings absorb misalignment and provide power and torque transmission between rotating shafts. Couplings come in a wide variety of standard styles, each offering varying speed, torque, and misalignment capabilities. Even with a variety of stock options available, there are applications where a customized shaft coupling provides the best solution for your needs.
Custom shaft couplings are an ideal solution for applications involving:
- Unique system requirements
- Non-standard torque transmission requirements
- Non-standard bore sizes
- High torsional rigidity
- A combination of axial, parallel, and/or angular misalignment
- Unusually high maximum rotational speed requirements
Custom Shaft Connector Couplings Manufactured to Your SpecificationsOndrives.US are experts in designing, engineering, and manufacturing shaft couplings for all power and motion transfer applications. While we offer thousands of high-performance shaft coupling options, we know that every application is different and an off-the-shelf product isn’t always the best solution.
Fortunately, we have the design and manufacturing expertise to create custom shaft connector couplings that are tailored to your specific application and performance requirements.
We can provide custom shaft connector couplings in a wide range of styles, including:
- Beam couplings
- Bellows couplings
- Bore reducer couplings
- Double loop couplings
- Flexible insert couplings
- Jaw couplings/spider couplings
- Membrane couplings
- Oldham couplings
- Unilateral couplings
- Single universal joint couplings
- Double universal joint couplings
- Zero backlash couplings
- Zero backlash universal joints
- Telescoping universal joint couplings
- Shock absorbing couplings
- High-gain couplings for servo motors
Request a quote on custom shaft couplings, or contact Ondrives.US to discuss your application requirements. See below for additional customizable options.
The Ondrives.US Advantage for Customized Shaft CouplingsOndrives.US custom misalignment couplings are available in inch or metric shaft coupler bore sizes; any bore-to-bore combination is available within the min/max limit. All custom shaft couplings are manufactured to stringently exacted tolerance adherence and available with zero backlash, low backlash, torsionally rigid, or backlash compliant engineering.
Design your custom shaft couplings based on the following specifications:
- Material(s) of construction
- Electrical insulation
- Shaft coupling type (see above)
- Hub style: blank, clamp, cross pin, set screw
- Length in inches or millimeters
- O.D. (outside diameter) in inches or millimeters
- Both bore sizes and tolerances
- Max. angular offset: from 0° to 90°
- Max. axial offset
- Max. radial offset
- Max. input RPMs
- Max. torque
- Torsional stiffness
Contact Us to Discuss Your Shaft Coupling Requirements
We manufacture custom shaft connector couplings to your exact specifications using stringent guidelines for quality control. Request a quote or contact Ondrives.US for custom shaft couplings for your application.