Ondrives.US is your #1 source for reliable, high performance shaft couplings. All metal construction gives our single- and double-stage membrane couplings near-infinite working lives and balanced construction that makes them ideal for any application requiring high rotational speed and high-level motion integrity, such as machine tools, centrifuges, and dynamometers.
The Right Membrane Coupling for Your Application
Ondrives.US’ durable membrane couplings, also known as disc couplings or wafer spring couplings, utilize spring steel membranes as their pivotal members. Torque is resolved to simple tensile stresses in opposing segments of the membranes.
We offer spring disc couplings in three configurations: single stage, double stage, and double stage with spacer.
Single stage membrane couplings (460, 462, 660, 662) offer the highest torsional rigidity. They are designed to be used in pairs or with floating shafts.
Double stage disk couplings (464, 466, 664, 666) provide higher flexibility than single stage models, but provide slightly less torsional rigidity.
Double stage disk couplings with spacers (468, 470, 668, 670) offer the highest axial compensation, with lower torsional rigidity than standard double stage models.
For full disk coupling specifications and Dimensional Parametric Search, see individual product listings.
Our single- and double-stage membrane couplings can be customized to match your specifications. Contact an Ondrives.US application engineer to discuss your performance requirements.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- Single Stage, Double Stage, and Double Stage with Spacer options
- Available with set screw fasteners or integral fastening clamps
- Torsionally rigid design
- Accommodate up to 4° of angular offset
- Zero backlash performance
- Inch & metric coupling disc bore sizes available
- Bores up to 28mm standard; specialty bores up to 38mm available upon request
- Torque values up to 100 in-lbs.
- Max. operating speed (standard): 5,000 RPM
- Max. operating speed (dynamically balanced): 30,000 RPM
- Low inertia
- No moving parts
- Stainless steel membranes
- Aluminum hubs
- Operational temperature range: -40° to 248°F (-40° to 120°C)