Hypoid gearboxes are similar to a spiral beveled gearbox but with elongated, curved teeth
. The cone-shaped gears are a cross between Spiral bevel gears and worm gears.
One advanced feature of hypoid gearboxes is that the gear and pinion are mounted on non-parallel non intersecting shafts. The pinion also has a larger spiral angle than the gear, which enables elongated tooth contact. Enlarged pinions create a larger tooth contact area, allowing for smoother operation, higher torque transmission and load-carrying capacities, and efficiency of 96-98%.
Reference our Gearbox Buyers Guide for a checklist of things to consider when buying a hypoid bevel gearbox.
Ondrives.US offers hypoid gearboxes in ratios from 10:1 to 60:1. Our standard and custom hypoid gearboxes are designed for long-lasting operation and offer exceptional gearing in a smaller size than traditional worm wheel gearboxes.
We are a hybrid gearbox manufacturer offering high quality, high precision solutions for your motion control application. Our hypoid gearboxes feature a lightweight aluminum housing and durable steel shafts and are greased for life. The Ondrives.US hypoid gearbox advantage includes:
The Ondrives.US Advantage: High Precision Ratio Hypoid Gearboxes
- Heavier load transmission
- Backlash: as low as ≤15 arc min.
- Output torque: 20 Nm
- High-efficiency results in smaller capacity motors
- Bearings on both sides of the gears will provide extra rigidity.
- Smooth and quiet operation
- A longer lifetime as compared to bevel or worm gearboxes
- Higher torque capacity in a smaller space
- Very high gear ratios can be achieved