Hypoid gears can be described as a cross between Spiral bevel gears and worm gears. They are cone-shaped gears similar to spiral bevel gears except they transmit motion between non-intersecting shafts.
The Ondrives.US Advantage:
- Heavier load transmission
- Axes that are non-intersecting and not parallel
- High-efficiency results in smaller capacity motors
- Smaller size to achieve the same results
- Bearings on both sides of the gears will provide extra rigidity.
- Very smooth running properties
- Very quiet operation.
- A longer lifetime as compared to bevel or worm gearboxes
- Higher torque capacity in a smaller space
- Very high gear ratios can be achieved