Metal Dowel Pins
Metal dowel pins serve two primary functions in motorized applications: fastening two components or serving as a locating device. The simple and versatile design of metal dowels also allows use as a shaft for gears and other revolving components.
Ondrives.US manufactures inch and metric dowel pins in stainless steel and alloy steel. Select from a broad range of standard diameters and lengths.
- Most users select 303 or 18-8 stainless steel dowel pins because of the high corrosion resistance.
- 416 stainless steel dowel pins also work well in various applications but might show some discoloration in corrosive environments. This material also has a higher Rockwell hardness than 303 stainless dowel pins.
- Alloy steel dowel pins exhibit high strength but rust in corrosive environments. Plating steel dowel pins with chrome, zinc, or black oxide finish can improve corrosion resistance but not at the same level as stainless steel.
Modify or customize your metal dowel pins to meet your unique needs. We can machine flat areas on the dowel to prevent rotation after assembly, or add journals, end slots, drill holes and other features as required.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: High-Precision Metal DowelsOur inch and metric metal dowel pins have all the standard features you need with the added precision to perform in demanding applications. Features and benefits include:
- Available in alloy steel or 303 and 416 stainless steel
- Precision ground
- Chamfered ends
- Inch or metric sizes
- .0002” tolerance
- Consistent diameters
- Modified and custom metal dowel pins