Common applications for Precision Shoulder Bolts include mounting gears, pulleys, and other rotating parts. Components can be mounted on Shoulder Screws and held in an axial position with springs. You can also create a cam follower by installing a bearing on the screw. When used in die sets, Shoulder Bolts are called “Stripper Bolts.”
A comprehensive explanation of the characteristics and shoulder bolt application can be found in our Shoulder Screw article.
In-Stock and Custom Manufactured Shoulder Bolts
Ondrives.US offers the broadest range of precision grade Shoulder Screws available. We stock stainless-steel Shoulder Screws in inch and metric sizes for immediate delivery. Select from three standard head styles and a wide range of shoulder lengths and thread sizes.
We also make custom shoulder screws to your print, or we can build a screw to your specifications. Custom Shoulder Bolts can be made in virtually any material, head style, or dimension.
For an alternative product or for larger journal diameters to mount your rotating component, see our Flange Mounts and Stud Mounts.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: Precision Shoulder Screws shipped from stock
- Inch or metric shoulder bolts in stock for same-day shipment
- Available in 303 stainless steel and 416 RC 26-32 stainless steel
- Stocked in Slotted Head, Hex Socket Head, and Hexalobular Drive Head
- Miniature inch shoulder screws are available in 3/32” shoulder diameter with shoulder lengths from 3/32” to 1/2”
- Miniature metric shoulder bolts are available in 3mm shoulder diameter with shoulder lengths from 2mm to 12mm
- Low profile head shoulder screws (shallow head shoulder screws) are available
- Thread locking via nylon pellet, nylon strip or patch is available
- Stainless steel shoulder bolts can be supplied with under head seals via coatings or O-rings
Shoulder Screws, also referred to as Shoulder Bolts or Stripper Bolts, have undersize shoulder diameters and oversize shoulder lengths. The unique design allows for free rotational or axial motion of the component that is mounted on the screw.
Shoulder Screws surpass the quality and versatility of screws found in hardware stores, providing the ability to be used as a shaft, dowel, guide, axel, or pivot point. The hardened 416 stainless-steel construction and tight tolerances also offer a higher level of precision and meet compliance with ASME and other industry standards.