Universal Lateral Offset
Ondrives.US is a shaft coupling supplier that designs and manufactures some of the industry’s best-performing, most reliable shaft couplings. Our Universal-Lateral and Cross Joint offset couplings are unique, light-duty devices for general purpose applications. Offset couplings provide zero backlash operation and torque output up to 108 in-lbs.
Versatile, High Performance Unilateral & Cross Joint Couplings
Ondrives.US’ unilateral & cross joint offset couplings provide generous angular and radial compensation, while resisting axial motion. They combine the pivotal action of a universal joint and the sliding action of a sliding disc coupler. Together, these two factors allow the devices to overcome both radial and angular misalignment.
These offset couplings are specially engineered for light push-pull duties, and can anchor unrestricted shafts. Universal lateral & cross joint couplings are ideal for use with encoders, resolvers, light duty steppers, dosing pumps, small positioning slides, light duty drives, and numerous other applications.
Uni-lat & Cross Joint offset couplers should not be used in pairs.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- Backlash-free up to 100,000,000 cycles
- Torque values up to 108 in-lbs.
- Provide up to 10° angular compensation
- Accommodate up to 0.04” radial misalignment
- 50% shorter than bellows couplings
- Lower inertia than bellows couplings
- Axially stiff to better transmit light push-pull loads
- Flex-free mechanical action for low-bearing loads
- Clamp and set screw hubs available
- Up to 3,000V electrical isolation
- Hubs manufactured from brass alloy or aluminum 2014 T6
- Bearing rings manufactured from black acetyl
- Operational temperature range: -4 to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
For full specifications and Dimensional Parametric Search, see individual product listings.
Our unilateral & cross joint offset couplings can be customized to meet your unique requirements. Contact an Ondrives.US application engineer to discuss your performance needs.
Ondrives.US quality surpasses the shaft coupling supplier competition! Order universal-lateral & cross joint offset couplings for your application, request a quote, or contact us for more information.