Universal Lateral Offset
Ondrives.US is a shaft coupling supplier that designs and manufactures some of the industry’s best-performing, most reliable shaft couplings. Our Universal-Lateral and Cross Joint offset couplings are unique, light-duty devices for general purpose applications. Offset couplings provide zero backlash operation and torque output up to 108 in-lbs.
Versatile, High Performance Unilateral & Cross Joint Couplings
Ondrives.US’ unilateral & cross joint couplings provide generous angular and radial compensation, while resisting axial motion. They combine the pivotal action of a universal joint and the sliding action of a sliding disc coupler. Together, these two factors allow the devices to overcome both radial and angular misalignment.
These offset couplings are specially engineered for light push-pull duties, and can anchor unrestricted shafts. Universal lateral & cross joint couplings are ideal for use with encoders, resolvers, light duty steppers, dosing pumps, small positioning slides, light duty drives, and numerous other applications.
Uni-lat & Cross Joint offset couplers should not be used in pairs.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- Backlash-free up to 100,000,000 cycles
- Torque values up to 108 in-lbs.
- Provide up to 10° angular compensation
- Accommodate up to 0.04” radial misalignment
- 50% shorter than bellows couplings
- Lower inertia than bellows couplings
- Axially stiff to better transmit light push-pull loads
- Flex-free mechanical action for low-bearing loads
- Clamp and set screw hubs available
- Up to 3,000V electrical isolation
- Hubs manufactured from brass alloy or aluminum 2014 T6
- Bearing rings manufactured from black acetyl
- Operational temperature range: -4 to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
For full specifications and Dimensional Parametric Search, see individual product listings.
Our unilateral & cross joint couplings can be customized to meet your unique requirements. Contact an Ondrives.US application engineer to discuss your performance needs.