Flexible Insert Couplings
Flexible Friction Plate Couplings for Parallel and Angular Misalignment
Flexible insert couplings from Ondrives.US feature flexible friction plates that provide high levels of parallel and angular misalignment allowance and torsional vibration absorption. Our simple construction serration type coupling transmits torque by casing sleeve engagement and enables easy shaft alignment. Insert flexible couplings feature zero backlash operation and provide excellent electrical insulation and resistance to oil and abrasion. We also offer bore reducers to make our flexible shaft couplings compatible with shafts of any size.
Misalignment Shaft Coupling Inserts Protect Components from Premature WearFlexible shaft coupling inserts require no lubrication and protect shafts and components from premature wear caused by misalignment, shock, thermal expansion, and vibration. They are suitable for use in a wide range of motor and drive shaft applications including electric motors, pumps, compressors, and other rotating components.
Our flexible insert couplings are just one of several styles of misalignment couplings available. Learn more about the items you should consider when selecting misalignment shaft couplings, or contact us to discuss your unique needs.
The Ondrives.US Advantage for Flexible Shaft Coupling Inserts
- Zero backlash operation
- Set screw fixing
- Operating temperature range: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Max. operating speed: 39,000 RPM
- Max. working angle: 2°
- Electrically isolating
- Max. torque: 53.1 in-lbs., except when used in high ambient temperature
- Polyurethane shaft coupling insert
- Zinc alloy or sintered metal hubs; blind hubs available upon request
- Black oxide coated set screws supplied with all sizes; option of stainless steel
- Available extras include pinholes, tapped holes, and keyways
- Recommended tolerance on shaft diameters is h6 and h7