Bore Reducers (Adaptors)
Ondrives.US Bore Reducers, sometimes referred to as bore reducer sleeves or bushings, are simple adaptors that slip into the bore hole of a rotating component and reduce the bore diameter to a smaller size. Shaft couplings that have identical bore diameters on both ends are quickly and inexpensively converted to combination bore couplings. When fitted to set screw hubs, bore adapters prevent the screws from scoring the shafts and permit repeated re-positioning and easy removal of the coupling.
Ondrives.US Bore Reducers are available in brass (smaller sizes only), aluminum and stainless steel. The brass and aluminum bore adapters feature a feathered head which sits in the chamfer at the bore entry and prevents over-insertion.
Ondrives.US engineers have developed a White Paper “How to select Shaft Couplings” to assist you in the selection of the most appropriate shaft to shaft coupling adapter for your application.
Attach your shaft reducer coupling to an Ondrives.US Precision Ground Shaft, available from stock.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- Large range of major diameters to fit standard couplings, gears, pulleys etc.
- Converts set screw fasteners to a split clamp device
- Will not damage soft shafts
- Superior holding power
- Standard and metric shaft adapters are available. Ondrives.US stocks bores from 2mm to 25mm and 0.120 inch to 1 inch
- Simple and inexpensive solution to adjust a bore size