Their efficiency and ability to provide high input speeds with minimal backlash makes inline speed reducer gearboxes ideal for a broad range of motion control applications (view catalogs and brochures).
Custom Inline Gearbox SolutionsAll of the inline gear drive models below can be customized to match your performance and application requirements. Request a quote on a custom gearbox or contact Ondrives.US to discuss your unique needs.
Meet Your Power Transfer Needs with Our Inline Gear Reducers
Ondrives.US offers inline gear reducers to meet the needs of nearly any motion or power transfer application. Our inline gearboxes are engineered for low backlash performance and precision built to provide reliable service in even the most demanding operations.
Typical uses for standard and custom inline gearboxes include conveyor systems, food and beverage processing equipment, industrial packaging machinery, retractable seating systems, and countless other applications.
View our resources to learn more about selecting an inline speed reducer gearbox for your power transmission application:
- “10 Points to Consider to Get the Gearbox You Need” provides assistance for finding the best and most effective gear reducer option for your application.
- “Inertia and the Use of Inertia Figures” provides an example and a formula for dealing with inertia in gearbox selection.
Inline Speed Reducer Gearbox OptionsGearboxes are known by many different names, including gear drives, reducers, gear reducers, speed reducers, and gearmotors. All terms can be used interchangeably when referring to inline gear reducers. Our inventory includes a broad offering of gear reducers with input speeds up to 4,000 RPM for high speed, high precision applications.
Spur Inline GearboxesOndrives.US offers a full line of compact, lightweight spur gear inline planetary gear reducers. These inline gearboxes can be direct mounted to motors or connected with shaft coupling. Ratios from 2:1 to 625:1 are available, with torque values ranging from 0.13Nm to 90Nm.
- Input speed: up to 4,000 RPM
- Precision machined aluminum housing
- Dual ball bearings on all shafts
Encoder Low Backlash Inline GearboxesThese compact, lightweight, low backlashinline gear reducers were originally designed for encoder applications.They are applicable for many other drive systems as well. Encoder gear reducers have a very low moment of inertia at the shaft input and are rated for input speeds up to 3,000 RPM. Gear ratios from 4.96:1 to 3600:1 are available in two frame sizes. Synchro cleats for our encoder gearboxes are available from stock.
- Output torque: 1 oz.-inch
- Backlash: 15 arc-minutes (at any ratio)
- Ratios from 4.96:1 to 3600:1
- Input speeds up to 3,000 RPM
- Diameter: 1-1/16” or 1-3/4”
- Black anodized aluminum housing
- 303 stainless steel gears and shafts
- Ball bearings
Low Backlash Inline Taper GearboxesOur taper gear motors are inline planetary gear reducers with backlash equal to or better than 8 arc/minute. These low backlash inline taper gearboxes are designed for applications where space is limited and are available either as a shaft input or mounted to a 24V DC motor.
- Low backlash: ≤8 arc/min. at input
- Compact design
- Shaft input or with mounted motor
- Ratios from 2:1 to 16:1
- Output torque values from 1.14Nm to 12.7Nm
Epicyclic (Planetary) Servo GearboxesThe Ondrives.US line of internal epicyclic servo reducers are extremely rugged and compact. These planetary gearboxes have fully machined aluminum or steel housings and are outfitted with ball bearings throughout. Our inline planetary gear reducers offer flexible motor mounting options and can deliver output torques up to 380 Nm. Ratios from 3:1 to 36:1 are available.
- Low backlash: ≤30 arc/min. at input
- Input speeds as high as 3,000 RPM
- Precision machined aluminum housings
- Dual ball bearings on all shafts
- Available in ratios from 3:1 to 36:1
- Output torques as high as 380Nm
Speed Increaser GearboxesOur low ratio Encoder gearboxes and inline taper gearboxes can also be used as gear speed increasers, if needed.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: 30 Years of Unparalleled Inline Gear Box Quality
- Greased for life
- Input speeds as high as 4,000 RPM
- Available with gear ratios up to 3600:1
- Customized gearboxes available
- Fully machined from block housings
- Ball bearings on all shafts
Contact Us for High-Performance Inline Gear ReducersOndrives.US designs and manufactures high quality, high precision inline gear boxes for industrial applications. We take every measure to ensure quality control and have a team of engineers on hand to help you resolve unique challenges.
Request a quote on a custom inline gear box for your application or contact us to discuss your custom requirements.