Air-Torque™ Piston Air Motors
Air-powered motors are engines that generate torque and rotational motion by converting the energy of compressed air into mechanical work. Piston air motors perform well in environments involving high levels of humidity and moisture because they resist corrosion. Piston Air Motors are also ideal where magnetic fields and electro-magnetic interference are design issues, such as in MRI scanners or for use underwater and in stealth applications where a stray signal could give away your position. Flammable environments are clearly prime sites for air motors as there is no danger of sparks. Download our Air-Torque™ Digital Brochure
Ondrives.US Air-Torque™ Piston Air Motors vs. Electric MotorsAir-Torque™ Piston Air Motors are the most efficient type of air-powered motors. These motors are used in applications requiring high power and high starting torsion, and where accurate speed control is needed. Air-Torque™ air motors are a viable alternative to an electrical, variable speed drive.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: Precision Engineered High Torque Air Motors
- Ideal for low speed, high torque applications
- More user-friendly than electric motors
- Requires a lower volume of air, which means fewer air leaks
- Allows you to adjust the motor speed to fine limits
- Reversing is possible
- Gives a near-instant response, even under load
- Uses air for lubrication, leading to less maintenance
- Safe in flammable environments
- Air consumption is optimized
- Speed control can be adjusted to very precise limits
- Instant Stop-Start similar to a Stepping Motor
- Can operate in harsh environmental conditions
- When supplied with non-lubricated air, there is no contamination
- Does not require electrical power for operation, making air motors safe to use in volatile atmospheres.
- Have a higher power density, meaning air driven motors offer more power than an electric motor of the same size.
- Are unaffected by overloads, unlike electric motors that can easily trip circuits.
- Generate much less heat compared to electric motors.
- Transport easily for use in areas where electricity is not available
We offer standard air motors and provide customization and modification upon request. Customization options include air motors with gearboxes, lubricated air motors, and NEMA flange mount air motors.
Request a Quote for High Torque Air MotorsThe advantage of air motors is evident. Piston air motors are more convenient and easier to use when compared to other power generating motors. They are also less polluting and require significantly less maintenance.
Ondrives.US is a manufacturer offering durable, precision-engineered products for power transmission applications. Order a piston air motor online, request a quote for a custom or modified piston air motor, or contact us for more information.