Oldham Sliding Disc Couplings
For more than three decades, Ondrives.US has been supplying high performance misalignment couplings and other motion transfer products. Our Oldham sliding disc couplings are robust, economical all-purpose misalignment solutions. This easy-to-use 3-piece Oldham coupling mechanism provides generous radial compensation and pull-apart/re-engage facility for blind assembly. Our sliding disc couplers are ideal for stepper drives, positioning slides, pumps, and actuators, among other applications.
For full oldham coupler specifications and Dimensional Parametric Search, see individual product listings.
Ondrives.US sliding disc couplers can be customized to better meet your needs. Contact our application engineers to discuss your particular requirements.
Rugged, All-Purpose Sliding Disc Couplings
Our Oldham couplers transmit rotation through central wear discs that slide over tenons on their hubs. Our standard model sliding disc couplings are manufactured with injection molded, self-lubricating Acetal wear discs that can achieve peak torque levels of 389 in-lbs. High torque sliding disc couplings that deliver 25% greater torque are also available.
Oldham couplers are available with clamp or set screw fastening. Manufactured with lightweight aluminum hubs, stainless steel hubs, or brass hubs. We also offer blank hubs that can be user-adapted to specialty applications. Wear elements will provide zero backlash operation for up to 108 rotations, and are easy and inexpensive to replace when needed.
Ondrives.US sliding disc couplings are available in sizes ranging from 1/4” to 2-1/4” outside diameter. Standard bores range from 2mm to 1-1/4” in metric and inch measurements. Nearly any bore combination within those limits can be achieved via hub selection or with one of our bore reducers.
This Oldham coupling mechanism can also be used as a mechanical fuse or safety link. When overloaded, the wear element will fail and the drive will automatically disconnect without further damage.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- Clamp and Set Screw styles available
- Zero backlash Oldham Coupling
- Flex-free mechanical action—non-aggressive bearing loads
- Up to 3° of angular offset
- Max. speed: 3,000 RPM
- Radial compensation up to 0.10”
- Axial compensation up to 0.008”
- Torque values as high as 490 in-lbs.
- Large misalignment capability
- Resonance dampening
- Slight torsional damping
- Isolates vibration & absorbs shock
- Compact & detachable
- Low inertia
- Replaceable wear elements
- Corrosion-free materials of construction
- Non-magnetic (with special screws)
- Electrical isolation between shafts >3kw
- Inch & metric bores available from 2mm to 1-1/4”
- Any bore-to-bore combination within above limits is possible
- 25% increased torque options
- Operating temperature range: -4°F (-20°C) to 140°F (60°C)
- Lubrication free