These spur gears for sale are designed to mesh with other spur gears to turn parallel shafts in opposite directions. For applications where the drive gear and driven gear must rotate in the same direction, an idler spur gear can be installed between the two (three gears in sequence). Ondrives.US has over 30 years’ experience in manufacturing spur gears, and offers a huge variety of pitches, diameters (inch and metric), tooth counts, materials, and hub configurations. We make it easy to find the ideal spur gears for sale for your application. Order your spur gears today, request a quote, or contact Ondrives.US for more information.
Selecting The Right Spur Gear Ratio for Your Application
The gear ratio produced by two spur gears working in tandem is the ratio between the number of teeth in the two gears; ratio can also be determined by the ratio of the gears’ pitch diameters. Adding an idler spur gear between the drive gear and the driven gear does not change the ratio, regardless of the number of teeth.
Standard Gears – 16 to 96 Pitch
“Pitch diameter” is the theoretical diameter at which the gears contact each other to transmit motion. The center distance of the shafts of any two gears is half the sum of the two pitch diameters.
If you’re not sure what gear ratio or pitch diameter your application requires, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our application engineers will be happy to help you find the right inch or metric spur gears for your needs.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: Superior Performance & Durability
- Spur gears for instrumentation, servo drives, encoders, power transmission, and more
- Standard anodized aluminum, acetal, or 303 stainless steel spur gears
- Inch or metric sizes available
- Available in set screw hub, split hub, or flat (hubless) models
- 20° pressure angle standard; other pressure angles available upon request
- 30-plus years’ experience in gear manufacturing
- Custom spur gears available in almost any material. Contact us with your custom requirements.
Mount your spur gears on a precision-ground Ondrives.US precision ground shaft—available from stock.