Ondrives.US patented Step-Beam™ couplings are zero-backlash, shaft to shaft misalignment couplings. We created the Step-Beam™ coupling to solve some of the short falls of other beam shaft coupling types.
Ondrives.US patented Step-Beam™ couplings have straight cut beams that spiral around the coupling. This unique design incorporates the smooth motion of a spiral cut beam coupling and the torsional and axial stiffness of a straight cut beam coupling.
Step-Beam™ couplings do not windup when they reverse direction. Spiral cut beam couplings have this disadvantage. Spiral cut beam coupling also have significant axial compression and expansion. This may be a disadvantage in some applications.
Step-Beam™ couplings do not have a noticeable “bump” or stiffness every 90 degrees of rotation. Most straight cut beam coupling have beams that are at 90 degrees to each other. When this type of coupling is dealing with significant shaft misalignment, there is a noticeable “bump” or stiffness every quarter revolution.
Engineered Polymer Step-Beam™ couplings are available with 1" diameter and many bore combinations. They are high performing, lower cost shaft coupling types with superior radial and axial compensation.
Ondrives.US engineers have developed a White Paper “How to select Shaft Couplings” to assist you in the selection of the most appropriate shaft to shaft coupling types for your application.
Couple to almost any shaft diameter with Ondrives.US Bore Reducers.
Attach your coupling to an Ondrives.US Precision Ground Shaft, available from stock.
The Ondrives.US Advantage: We have unique and patented items
- Zero Backlash
- Balanced design
- Torsionally rigid design
- Superior radial and axial compensation
- Superior angular offset
- Any bore to bore combination available within the min. max. limit
- Available in clamp and set screw fastening versions
- Molded Step Beam Coupling
- 85% lighter weight than metal beam couplings
- Tremendous reduction in inertia
- Torque ratings equal to or better than spiral cut beam couplings
- Lower cost
- Aluminum Step Beam Coupling
- Highest torque ratings of any beam coupling
- Larger sizes
- Lower cost than other metal beam coupling