Parallel Shaft Spur Gear Reducers
Ondrives.US has been designing and manufacturing reliable, high performance gearboxes for more than thirty years. Our FF Series parallel shaft spur gear reducers (FF and FFS models) are designed for high efficiency with low backlash. Manufactured from durable, high quality materials and permanently lubricated for superior performance with minimal maintenance requirements the FF and FFS are lightweight but rugged. Our parallel shaft gear boxes will provide years of reliable service, even in nonstop or high cycle operation ideal for a wide range of power transfer applications (view catalog). If you’re unsure which parallel shaft gear reducer is right for your specific needs, view our Buyer’s Guide for ten important points to consider when choosing a gearbox. Another valuable reference, Inertia and the Use of Inertia Figures offers a formula for dealing with inertia in gearbox selection.
We also offer custom parallel shaft gearboxes that are tailored to your unique application and performance requirements. Contact our application engineers to discuss your custom specifications.
We offer parallel shaft spur gear reducers in standard, slimline, and bore input configurations to meet the needs of nearly any motion transfer or power transfer application. With torque values as high as 850 Nm (with optional hardened gear units), a variety of gear ratios from 2:1 to 7:1, and numerous input/output shaft diameters, it’s easy to find the parallel shaft gearbox for your unique needs. Our low ratio spur parallel shaft gear reducers can also be used as speed increasers.
The Ondrives.US Advantage
- High efficiency parallel shaft spur gear reducers—up to 93% efficiency at 1,000 RPM
- Up to 850 Nm torque output using optional hardened gear units
- Low output backlash (≈1°)
- Standard gear ratios from 2:1 to 7:1
- Custom gear reducer options available
- Available in standard, slimline, and bore input configurations
- Machined aluminum housings with hardened steel interior components
- Radial ball bearings on input and output shafts
- Maximum input speed: 2,000 RPM
- Permanently lubricated