RPA Series Rack & Pinion Linear Actuator Boxes
Ondrives.US has long been a leader in power transfer solutions. Our high performance RPA Series rack and pinion linear actuator boxes can convert rotational motion to linear motion or convert linear motion into rotational motion, as your application requires. Available in five different models of stroke lengths between 10mm and 30mm, it’s easy to find the right rack and pinion linear actuator for your needs. Special stroke lengths and custom rack and pinion gearboxes can be supplied to meet your requirements.
RPA Series Linear Actuator Gearboxes
- RPA6-10: 5mm input shaft, 6mm output shaft; 10mm stroke
- RPA8-15: 6mm input shaft, 8mm output shaft; 15mm stroke
- RPA12-20: 8mm input shaft, 12mm output shaft; 20mm stroke
- RPA16-25: 12mm input shaft, 16mm output shaft; 25mm stroke
- RPA20-30: 15mm input shaft, 20mm output shaft; 30mm stroke
View the product specifications PDF or see individual product listings for additional information and specifications.
What is A Rack & Pinion Gear?
A gear rack mated with a pinion gear creates a linear actuator that converts rotational motion into linear motion or vice versa. The pinion, a circular gear, engages the teeth on the rack, a straight, or “linear,” gear. Rotational motion applied to the pinion will cause the rack to move relative the pinion; conversely, linear motion applied to the rack will cause the pinion to move relative to the rack. In either situation, the input motion is translated into the opposite output motion.
High Performance Rack & Pinion Linear Actuators
All RPA Series rack and pinion linear actuators consist of a solid, one-piece aluminum housing that contains a rack gear and a pinion gear. In either drive mode (rotational to linear or linear to rotational), our rack and pinion linear actuators deliver superior performance and minimal backlash (as little as 2° backlash).
Our rack and pinion gearboxes feature relatively short strokes, with five options between 10mm and 30mm available. Ondrives.US can provide a custom stroke length to meet your specialized requirements. RPA actuators deliver up to 60 Kg max load output (varies by model).
The Ondrives.US Advantage: Quality That Surpasses the Competition
- High performance rack and pinion actuator boxes
- Available with standard 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm, or 30mm stroke length
- Custom stroke lengths available—contact us to discuss your custom requirements
- Up to 60 Kg max load output
- Minimal backlash (≈2° backlash)
- Convert rotational motion to linear motion or vice versa
- Sturdy, durable one-piece aluminum housing and high-carbon steel gears
- Permanent lubrication
For full specifications and Dimensional Parametric Search, see individual product listings.